Welcome to the event information hub, where you will be able to find everything you need to make your training and challenge experience as easy as possible. We will add information to this page as we approach departure day so make sure you are referring back to it.
EVENT INFORMATION GUIDES
With a challenge of this nature, there’s lots of information to take in to ensure you arrive at the start line feeling as prepared as possible. To help with this, we have prepared an event information guide which tells you everything you need to know about the challenge, from hotels to daily timings in one place.
Ensure you download your relevant guide and have a thorough read of all the event information. There’s even a handy checklist at the start of the guide which covers off everything we need you to do ahead of September.
- Core team event info guide
- Hike event info guide
- Cycle stage 1 | Cycle stage 2 | Cycle stage 3
- Triathlon event info guide
- Don’t forget if completing the triathlon stage we require a medical certificate of fitness by no later than Monday 1st August 2016. If you are swimming the Strait of Messina we also require an ECG.
We send out a monthly newsletter containing important information, from training tips to sponsor offers. Just incase you missed them or signed up after they were sent out, you can find them here:
- March – Welcome to the challenge
- April – Let’s get training
- May- Sign up to Official Training Days
- June- Get clued up on the Challenge
- July – Fundraising for Big Change
- August/September – Final STRIVE information (please click the stage relevant to you) – core | hike | cycle one | cycle two | cycle three | triathlon
Training is obviously a vital part of anyone’s Strive Journey. However super human you are, ultimately it will ensure you enjoy your time on the challenge, finish your leg and importantly help to avoid injury. We have put together some comprehensive training plans to help you on your way:
- Hike training plan
- Cycling training plan
- Triathlon training plan
- Accompanying docs: swim sessions | bike sessions | run sessions
- If you can’t make our Official Training Sessions, you can attend the Optional Training Sessions.
Group riding is an incredible experience for those who haven’t tried it before. There is something pretty thrilling about towing and being towed by your team mates closer and closer to the finish line. It does take a bit of practice though! Here are some tips to make it easier for everyone:
- Rider étiquette
- Training Tips with IronMan Expert Dr Justin Roberts
- Tips on buying your wetsuit for the Straits: Wetsuit guidance
We’ve saved the best until last, as you can now download the route files for all cycling stages and the triathlon so you can see exactly where we’re taking you.
- Cycle one | Cycle two | Cycle three | Triathlon (core) | Triathlon (stage)
Downloading the files: To download the individual daily files, please click on the day and then head to the route button in the top right hand corner and select the format you would like to download it in.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Caitlin: firstname.lastname@example.org